Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Finally

I don't know if it's hormones or what, but I am just LOVING everyday with this amazing baby! I just can't express enough how wonderful I think she is! She's so happy, full of life and personality, beautiful, and funny! She really is turning into the best baby in the world! I am just loving every second of it. Right now she is laying next to me on the couch (after a nice long cuddle session) and she's just peacefully drifting off to sleep. She's been sleeping great actually. Maybe it's a growth spurt, but she slept 9 and a half hours last night, (at one time) and no less than 8 hours (at one time) this whole week! Yeah Olive!


She's just so happy. She smiles and smiles at us all day long. She would rather just sit on my lap and "talk" to me (or daddy) than anything else. She plays on her play mat, but prefers one on one "face time" for now. I can take her out and know shes going to be fine and "well behaved". I love dressing her up in cute outfits, putting hair bows on her, giving her baths, reading her stories, and cuddling with her on the couch. Sure, it isn't all fun and games. She poops, she cries, and she demands a lot (all) of my time, but I really just love doing it.




I am so thankful everyday for this little miracle. We tried for 5 years to have her. I remember laying on this very couch so many times and crying so hard it hurt because we wanted her so bad, and I was so scared it would never happen. I remember laying on this couch and feeling so hopeless and empty after losing our first hope of a child. It just wasn't fair.  I remember laying in this same spot, holding my belly, and imagining what she would look like, wondering what it would be like.  Today, I lay here, full of gratitude and love beyond words for this amazing child who has made us into a family.

Finally.





4 comments:

  1. Oh man.....sniff sniff! Overcome with gratitude for my children! Special special blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying crying. It is such a beautiful thing. So so grateful you are finally a mama. I knew you would just have the most fun ever being a mama. So happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Mimi! I am so very happy for you. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so happy for you and your special family! Thank you for reminding me how special our babies are! She really is so special and beautiful. I can't wait for the day that I can hold her!

    Love,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete