Friday, March 8, 2013

Little Miss GO GO GO

I have a lot to say here....

What can I say but Olive is bursting with energy! Every single day she grows and learns, and it's about the coolest thing I've ever  witnessed. She LOVES people, so we do lots of social activities! Everyday it seems were meeting one friend or another in the park, downtown, or at their house. She loves being out and is like a sponge. She notices every sound, every cool light fixture, and every passerby who comments on how cute she is. Its such an amazing thing to get to experience the world again, through her eyes. I find myself looking around more, pointing out cool little things like elevator buttons or grass.   There is very little I love more than seeing her learn something for the first time. Learn how to do simple things like turn a book page, take off a sock, or climb OVER something. Shes learning fun concepts like... "when I move in the bath, this water moves too", or "when I drop something, mom can pick it up for me", or "when I shake this, it makes a cool sound". 

 Here are some pictures of Olive discovering the world. 

Here are some pictures of a picnic we had at Lake Merritt with our friends, Lilianna and Maria. She LOVED all the birds! She would squeal and kick and wave!


She picked this flower and tried to eat it.


 Here is her friend, Lilianna! Shes so cute! They are 2 days apart! We get asked all the time if they are twins! haha Also notice this vintage blanket.....



Play hard, sleep hard. Just... not during the day so much.

During all this fun, she caught a stomach bug. She spent a lot of time in THIS position.........


Olive's FIRST swing ride. She was kicking and thought it was great. 


Around the house "helping" mama fold laundry....
Around the house, learning a lesson about personal property....



 We went to Alcatraz with our super good friend, DJ. His other half, Carolee, was sick and couldn't join. We call them "Aunt Caroleejay", and Olive LOVES them. We had SUCH a great time! The weather was good, and Olive really paid attention and later, wrote an essay on the history of the island.

I told her, this is where babies go when they don't nap..

This is the face I gave her when she didn't believe me.

Love this picture. She really watches everything.

It was a great day!



Today we met our friends, Dalia, Rachel, Shana, and Jamilla, at a place called "Studio Grow" in Berkeley. At first I thought maybe Olive was too young, but she had a BLAST! She was everywhere! She love climbing on these padded shapes. She climbed up and down. She also played in the ball pit, which was so funny. She laid flat on her belly, and kicked and pumped her arms, while squealing! We went to music time, and she loved listening and watching the bigger kids! We will be going back, very soon.

Olive and Dalia as they both slapped their hands down on this mat. 

Could she be any cuter?

Playing "Peek-a-Boo"

Cruising from one to another.

Pure joy!

Here is Shana! Shes so sweet!  They had so much fun!

Here there are two ramps back to back, and she crawled up one side, and down the other! She was so proud!

What can I say. She's my littlest buddy. I am so obsessed and in love with her, and thankful for her everyday.  I really do realize how special this time is with her, and I am trying to cherish every second of it. 


Today, I got my first kiss. I sat and cried. Way better than my first boy kiss. 

1 comment:

  1. Olive is really growing fast! Those first kisses are the best!

    ReplyDelete