Monday, December 10, 2012

Happy days

Here we are, about to hit the half year mark. Things are just speeding a long here, and Olive is thriving. Today we went shopping, went to lunch, and walked around town. Everywhere I go people stop me and tell me how beautiful she is. I know she is.. Theres something wonderful about strapping my little beauty on my chest, coffee in one hand, bottle in the other, sunshine on our faces, and watching Olive learn about the world. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world. What did I do to deserve this?

We walked past a Pottery Barn, and she shouts OOOOH!!! We stop and look at the amazing Christmas tree in the window. I'm just watching her, wondering what shes thinking. Amazed at how much she notices. We stopped off at Barnes and Noble and I buy The Little Engine That Could. Later, as I read it to her, I cried. I just get so overwhelmed by how much I love her sometimes. I just truly treasure this time. I don't want to take a single second for granted.

After the story, she stands up on my lap, looks at me, then spits up ALL over me. Apparently, my reaction was hilarious because she laughed harder than ever. Her two little teeth peeking out of her mouth as she goes into hysterical belly laughs. I started laughing too. We laughed and laughed and laughed. How amazing is this life I have?

I always knew I would love being a mom, but I had no idea. This is my life now, and its better than even I imagined. Its not always easy, in fact sometimes its also the hardest things I have ever done. But, loving her is easy. very easy.





Whats she into these days? Her TOES. Its so cute. Shes sitting up really well, and REALLY getting close to crawling. Go- getter here....

2 comments:

  1. I love the 6 month age the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! I love those pictures! She is so beautiful, and she is looking at her Papa with those pretty eyes. . . and smiling! What an absolute doll! I love her!

    ReplyDelete