Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Birthday To You

Dear Olive,

This is officially my first letter to you, although it will be years before you can actually read it, and even more years till you can really understand it. Today you are turning two. It's so unbelievably hard to imagine how much you have grown in the past couple years. Two years ago today I held you, a wet, black haired, tiny, blue toed, little newborn. You were so little. Your eyes would cross, your feet would curl into your body, and you did very little but eat and sleep.



Today we had a tea party with your stuffed animals. Today I heard you sing your ABC's. Today you sat on the potty watching youtube videos. (Is that still even around?) You run around the house saying things like " I made a mess!" and "sorry mama..." You hug me and kiss me, and hold my hand when your scared of scary things like vacuums and lawn mowers. You ran around the park today holding your daddy's hand. You went down the tunnel slide on his lap. You love him so much. You blew your candles out and later sang happy birthday to yourself. You jump, you run, you are amazing. You pretend the flowers on the carpet are "mud puddles" and jump on them. Today we ate ice cream. You told me chocolate is your favorite.



After everyone sang, you said "OK One, two, three!" and blew!

So how did you go from this tiny little baby into this big girl? I watched it happen before my very eyes. Its been the most incredible thing in my life. The love I have for you is unlike anything I can explain, and until you have your first child, I don't think you will truly understand what I mean.

Walking around at her FIRST party!


I am so proud of you, of who you are growing up to be. You've always been a happy girl. Happy and peaceful and kind. Your extremely independent, and love doing things by yourself. Your strong. Your confident, brave, silly, sensitive, and kind hearted. Oh, and smart. Your amazingly smart. You know your ABC's, can count to 10, know all your colors and most of your shapes. Really?! I have no idea how. Your just amazing.


Strawberry Picking


Your also the most beautiful person I have ever known. Besides all the inner beauty you have, you are just stunning. You have the bluest eyes. Your hair is golden and curly. Everything about you is just beautiful.




I know that whatever you end up being like when your older, no matter what you chose to do, I will always always love you more than imaginable. You changed my life, you bring me happiness and love everyday. I cant wait to watch you continue to grow! I hope that wherever life takes you, you will always know that your parents have always, and will always love you.



- Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment