Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Introducing Olive the Toddler!


It's official  Olive is a TODDLER! I think I have been in denial that this has happened, but today, I came to grips with the truth. We went to a place called "Habitot" today in downtown Berkeley. It was a rainy day, so the place was crawling with kids. One think that wasn't crawling? Olive. Today she woke up and decided that crawling is lame. She was walking everywhere! She was right along side the big kids, playing with toys, pushing shopping carts, splashing in water. It was then that I thought.. "ok. She's not a baby anymore".... 


Then, it was time to change her pee diaper and the bathroom was locked so I thought, "oh, theres plenty of floor room, Ill just lay her down and change her here" EHHHH wrong answer. Fast forward 30 seconds later, and a naked toddler is trying to run away from me while screaming. I sounded something like this.... "Olive! Ahh, lay down!.... Olive- ahhhh, no, no! Lay down for mama! I need to change your diaper- NO NO! ahhhh!!! SIGH SIGH" 
I am now a mother of a toddler....




We go home- she takes an hour nap and is on the go again. Im bored out of my mind and surrounded by moving boxes, so I take her out again. This time, to a place to go to a lot called Studio Grow. Usually afternoons are slow and great, but again, the rain brings in a bunch of kids... She loved it though. She went straight for the dance room and danced to some music. Then, off to the ball pit, climbing through tunnels, then pulling down magnets, then saying hi to a real baby, finding baby dolls, painting, play doah, dancing again, and blocks. What more could a toddler want? She wanted me to put this cape on her, and was so proud of it. I know she doesnt know what it means, but she found out very quickly that her cuteness increased....



Someone actually asked me if I curl her hair.... really?.... do people do that?
The rest of the time was spent reading stories, saying "this" and "that" about everything, and chasing down the dogs because they really needed their hair or teeth brushed.
By the end of the day we were both exhausted! 

Here we go on our new adventure into toddler-hood!












3 comments:

  1. Such a cute entry! Love the cape...Super Olive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so darling. Yes, toddlerhood. Always running and lifting. WHY don't I look like Jillian Michaels yet??!

    ReplyDelete